All that Jazz
Dir: Bob Fosse
USA, 1979, 123 minmins, DCP
Cast: Roy Scheider, Jessica Lange, Ann Reinking, Leland Palmer
Celebrated choreographer and filmmaker Bob Fosse brings his own sordid story to life in toe-tapping style through the misadventures of Broadway director Joe Gideon (brilliantly portrayed by a never-better Roy Scheider). Through a blizzard of booze, pills, women, and some of the greatest show tunes of all time, this Palme d’Or winner paints a surreal yet unflinching portrait of showbiz at its most stressful, from its dizzying highs to the depths of despair. The result is a spectacular parallel and tribute to Fellini’s 8 ½ (1963).
Cannes Film Festival: Palme d’Or
Academy Awards: Best Editing, Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Adaptation Score
21/11 (Sat): Film talk with William Lau
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.