Dir: Kim Ki-duk
South Korea, 2011, Korean, 100mins, DCP
Cast: Kim Ki-duk
Living in a self-imposed exile after shaken by a near-fatal accident on the set of his 2008 film Dream, Kim turns the camera on himself in a first-person therapy. In glorious agony, the Korean auteur engages in deep conversation with himself and his shadow, examining his own frailty, yearning and frustration. As his depression reaches a breaking point, the self-meditation culminates in a nightmarish fantasy involving murder-suicide. Belting out “Arirang” in bitter lament, Kim’s self-indulgent re-enactment ends in a highlight of own legacy that declares his triumphant return to cinema.
Cannes Film Festival: Un Certain Regard Award
Buy Ticket 2021-08-20 (Fri) 00:00 -
2021-08-22 (Sun) 23:59
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.