Dir: Kim Ki-duk
South Korea, 1996, Korean, 100mins, DCP
Cast: Cho Jae-hyun, Ahn Jae-hong, Jeon Moo-song
Introducing his bold portrayal of human brutality in rich allegory, this directorial debut heralds many aspects of an eccentric talent who later became the acclaimed yet controversial master of cinematic violence. The raw, devastating drama depicts the life of a savage thug, Crocodile, who makes his living by robbing drowned bodies. Developing an abusive relationship with a suicidal young woman whom he rescued gradually changes his ferocious character, but not his fate. Quietly provocative with an unusual sympathy for underdogs, the film prefigures Kim Ki-duk’s recurring theme of the darkest realms of human existence.
26/8 (Thu): Film talk with Long Tin
Full House 2021-08-18 (Wed)
Buy Ticket 2021-08-26 (Thu)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.