Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1962, 126 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Monica Vitti, Alain Delon, Francisco Rabal
Final and perhaps the greatest film of Antonioni’s trilogy, anchored by a stunning performance from Monica Vitti. Her Vittoria is a woman looking for love and meaning amidst the modern materialism of Rome, particularly embodied by Alain Delon as the stockbroker Piero. Antonioni’s elaborate dissection of incomplete relationships with Piero and her former lover, the translator Riccardo (Francisco Rabal), mesh with long discussions among strong and varied women on topics ranging from relationships to colonialism. All remain linked by a yearning that never seems quenched.
1962 Cannes Film Festival, Jury Special Prize
L’eclisse, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
7/1/2018 (Sun): Post-screening seminar with Bryan Chang and Kiki Fung
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy Tickets 2018-01-07 (Sun)
Buy Tickets 2018-02-10 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.