Love on the Ground
Dir: Jacques Rivette
France, 1984, 174minmins, 35mm
Cast: Jane Birkin, Geraldine Chaplin, André Dussollier, Jean-Pierre Kalfon
An enigmatic film that some see as the missing link in Rivette’s complex filmography. Tightly structured yet accessible, here the master director toys with the theme of a play within a play while adding on new layers and mirrors. At the center are two lovely amateur actresses, played by Geraldine Chaplin, who had already worked with Rivette and Jane Birkin, who would incarnate La Belle Noiseuse years later. While we first meet them in a production in an apartment, a mysterious playwright (Jean-Pierre Kalfon, L’Amour Fou) lures them to his mansion for a work in progress. That may also refer to things that happened there, or visions that the women begin to have…
1965 Venice Film Festival, In Competition
Post-screening talk with William Lau
Special Discount: Enjoy 30% discount on Love on the Ground standard tickets, by presenting Out 1 tickets (HKIFF41) at URBTIX Outlets.
Buy Ticket 2017-07-02 (Sun)
Buy Ticket 2017-07-15 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.