The Bird with the Crystal Plumage(L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo)
Dir: Dario Argento
Italy／West Germany, 1970, Italian, 96mins, DCP
Cast: Tony Musante, Suzy Kendall, Enrico Maria Salerno
Credited with popularising the Italian giallo genre, Dario Argento’s directoral debut, the first film of his acclaimed Animal Trilogy, earned him the reputation as the Italian Hitchcock. A reworking of Fredric Brown’s murder mystery novel The Screaming Mimi, the film follows an American writer who becomes obsessed with chasing a serial murderer after witnessing one of the attacks. It’s easy to see how Argento’s immensely entertaining, psychologically gripping and sometimes wickedly funny whodunit is a clear influence on the slasher genre that Hollywood integrated into its mainstream years later.
The Taste of Cult
Tickets will be available at Emperor Cinemas Website, Mobile App and the box office of iSQUARE on screening day. 2021-09-25 (Sat)
Buy Ticket 2021-10-30 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.