Dir: Kon Satoshi
Japan, 2003, Japanese, 92mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Emori Toru, Umegaki Yoshiaki, Okamoto Aya
One Christmas Eve, three rough sleepers – transgendered woman Hana, middleaged alcoholic Gin and teenage runaway Miyuki – come across an abandoned baby in a garbage heap. The trio sets out to find the baby’s parents, leading to an odyssey that forces them to face their respective pasts – and the dark side of the affluent city. Inspired by John Ford’s 3 Godfathers , and featuring a script co-written by Cowboy Bebop scriptwriter Nobumoto Keiko, Kon’s enchanting and surprisingly funny adventure about the magical miracles of everyday coincidences is simply one of the best – and most unusual – Christmas films ever made.
SITGES – International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia: Best Animated Feature Film
Full House 2021-08-19 (Thu)
Full House 2021-08-25 (Wed)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.