Versus: The Life and Films of Ken Loach
Dir: Louise Osmond
UK, 2016, 93 minsmins, DCP
This penetrating, sharp-witted documentary comes most timely to offer an affectionate appraisal of the work of Ken Loach, who hits his career high winning the second Palme d’Or at Cannes with I, Daniel Blake . Underlining the director’s creative importance to film and beyond are invaluable clips from his incendiary early work for the BBC, and interviews with Alan Parker, collaborators Tony Garnett and Cillian Murphy who pay tribute and offer insight into the filmmaking process of the giant of British social realism. What’s most moving is the revelations about Loach’s life, as he talks about the accidental death of his five-year-old son.
09/09/2017(Sat): Post-screening seminar with Lam Kam-po and Thomas Shin
Please collect tickets on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening, on a first-come, first-served basis. 1 ticket per person only.
Free Admission 2017-09-09 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.