Versus: The Life and Films of Ken Loach
Dir: Louise Osmond
UK, 2016, 93 minsmins, DCP
This penetrating, sharp-witted documentary comes most timely to offer an affectionate appraisal of the work of Ken Loach, who hits his career high winning the second Palme d’Or at Cannes with I, Daniel Blake . Underlining the director’s creative importance to film and beyond are invaluable clips from his incendiary early work for the BBC, and interviews with Alan Parker, collaborators Tony Garnett and Cillian Murphy who pay tribute and offer insight into the filmmaking process of the giant of British social realism. What’s most moving is the revelations about Loach’s life, as he talks about the accidental death of his five-year-old son.
09/09/2017(Sat): Post-screening seminar with Lam Kam-po and Thomas Shin
Please collect tickets on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening, on a first-come, first-served basis. 1 ticket per person only.
Free Admission 2017-09-09 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Post-screening talk
1. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas : tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
2. Screenings at HK Arts Centre and M+ Cinema : tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets are available at URBTIX website and mobile app. On-the-day tickets will also be available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the respective venue, subject to availability.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
4. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.