Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
USA, 1958, 128minmins, DCP
Cast: James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes
Considered to be Hitchcock’s most personal film, Vertigo is also his darkest. James Stewart is a San Francisco detective romantically obsessed with a beautiful and mysterious young woman – the wife of an old friend – whom he has been asked to follow. Her eventual suicide leaves him devastated and distraught, until he meets a shop girl who bears a striking resemblance to the dead woman. At the time of its release in 1958, Vertigo failed to reach the heights of popularity enjoyed by his other films but is now considered a masterpiece that defines the real meaning of suspense, deception and duplicity.
#1 in Sight & Sound‘s 2012 Greatest Films of All Time poll
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Post-screening talk
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app. On-the-day tickets are also available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the venue. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available once the screening begins.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.