A Good Marriage
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1982, 99 minmins, DCP
Cast: Béatrice Romand, André Dussollier, Féodor Atkine, Arielle Dombasle
Determined to leave her mistress’ identity behind, Sabine impulsively decides to get married. But to whom? As fate has it, she finds her ideal man – a lawyer who is “handsome, young and available”. In the conviction that he also falls for her, she suffers agonies of humiliation when she discovers the truth. The second in Rohmer’s series of Comedies and Proverbs, this cautionary tale ironically reflects the predicament of the troubled heroine caught between liberation and selfconfinement. Disgraced but not defeated, the resolute woman by a fluke meets her right man.
Venice Film Festival: Best Actress
Eric Rohmer’s Comedies and Proverbs
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.