A Short Film About Love(Krotki film o milosci)
Dir: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Poland, 1988, Polish, 87mins, DCP
Cast: Grazyna Szapolowska, Olaf Lubaszenko, Stefania Iwinska
Tomek is a shy 19-year-old orphan who works as a post office clerk. At night, he spies on Magda, a beautiful mature artist who lives in the flat across from him. A simple case of stalking becomes far more complex when Tomek comes clean to Magda, and the two ends up striking a bond. Featuring additional scenes and an alternate ending, the feature-length expansion of The Decalogue ’s sixth episode (“Thou shalt not commit adultery”) is an unflinchingly unromantic and quietly devastating look at the emotional cruelty of solitude, the hollowness of sex and the universal longing for companionship.
San Sebastian Film Festival: Special Prize of the Jury
Speaker: Dr. Sonia Au (Lecturer in Academy of Film at Hong Kong Baptist University)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.