Dir: James Cameron
USA, 1986, 154 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn
Feeling the risk of being overwhelmed by Giger’s bizarre, psychosexual landscape, James Cameron asked the artist’s forgiveness for not including him in the production team. Sigourney Weaver, the only survivor of the original crew still tormented by nightmares, is on board a new expedition to the mystery planet colony, where she fights against the aliens to save herself and a little girl. Converting the spaceship into a battleground, Cameron turns the Alien sequel into an intense and horrifying thriller full of relentless action and suspense, leaving audiences deliciously on edge. Cameron prefers this Extended Version, and Weaver even threatened never to shoot an Alien-film again, if this cut was not released.
1987 Academy Awards, Best Visual Effects and Sound Effects Editing
“The Biomechanical Dreamscapes of HR Giger” is co-presented by
Buy Tickets 2017-10-28 (Sat)
Buy Tickets 2017-10-29 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.