All About My Mother
Dir: Pedro Almodóvar
Spain/France, 1999, 101 minmins, DCP
Cast: Cecilia Roth, Marisa Paredes, Penélope Cruz, Candela Peña
A transfixing tragicomedy that sees Almodóvar at his peak. Traumatized by the sudden death of her son, a single mother searches for her former lover in Barcelona, where she reluctantly becomes the hub of a makeshift matriarchal community that includes a trans-hustler, a lesbian actress and a nun who is impregnated by her boy’s father – now a transvestite. The world of acting in A Streetcar Named Desire weaves life and art into a rich tapestry of love, companionship and loss, in a stylized beauty with profound empathy.
Cannes Film Festival: Best Director
Academy Awards: Best Foreign Language Film
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.