Beauties of the Night
Dir: René Clair
France/Italy, 1952, 87minmins
Cast: Gérard Philipe, Martine Carol, Gina Lollobrigida
Six years after the intense saga of love of life and death incarnated in Cocteau’s fable, master René Clair offered a different banquet of dreams and love. Here, the hero is a composer whose days transform themselves into nightly dreams of an historical panorama of amorous conquests – including the women he has encountered in his daytimes. And as we might imagine, dreams, reality and love become confused, especially when a certain woman enters both. Not to mention a young Gina Lollobrigida…
1952 Venice Film Festival, FIPRESCI Prize
*Post-screening seminar with Lau Yam and Geoffrey Wong
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.