Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes(Droste no hate de bokura)
Dir: Yamaguchi Junta
Japan, 2021, Japanese, 70mins, DCP
Cast: Tosa Kazunari、Asakura Aki、Fujitani Riko
“I’m the future me. Two minutes in the future.” Café owner Kato is suddenly caught by his future self talking to his past self on the computer screen. Soon realising that he has discovered a wormhole in time, his nosey friends wade in and try to make some quick money from the “Time TV”. An amusing bunch of sci-fi, comedy and existentialism appearing to be shot in one continuous take, troupe veteran Yamaguchi Junta’s absurdist drama creates a sensational time paradox that wittily probes our perception of the future.
Golden Horse Fantastic Film Festival
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.