The Netherlands/Germany/UK/Belgium, 2006, 145minmins
Cast: Carice van Houten, Sebastian Koch
Returning to the Netherlands after decades in Hollywood, Verhoeven examines the depths hidden beneath the overly familiar surfaces of World War II, producing a nuanced thriller of duplicity, collaboration and resistance cutting across categories of Nazi, Dutch and Jewish. Rachel, the Dutch-Jewish heroine, finds love and betrayal on all sides as she navigates a rocky course of survival and vengeance amidst the destruction of the final days of the Nazi regime in Holland. The most expensive – and most popular – film that the Netherlands had produced.
2006 Venice Film Festival, Young Cinema Award – Best International Film
2006 Netherlands Film Festival, Best Film, Best Director & Best Actress
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.