Dir: Peter Yates
USA, 1968, 114minmins, DCP
Cast: Steve McQueen, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Vaughn, Robert Duvall
The ultimate cool cop – Steve McQueen – the ultimate car chase on the hills of San Francisco in a 1968 Ford Mustang GT with a killer score by jazz pianist Lalo Schifrin. Bullitt defined for an entire generation the existential loneliness of the cop caught in webs of deception, political ambition, intense violence and the elusive trail of love in this labyrinth of murder and lies. Mobs, betrayal, deception and continuous flights rocket us through the narrative arc, but it is McQueen as the cool, enigmatic center we never forget.
1969 Academy Awards, Best Film Editing
Buy Ticket 2018-06-18 (Mon)
Buy Ticket 2018-07-20 (Fri)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.