Dial M for Murder 3D
Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
1954, 1954, 105minmins, DCP
Cast: Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings
Long before Avatar (2009) or even James Cameron existed, Hitchcock made the classic thriller Dial M for Murder… in 3D. One of the mystery master’s most acclaimed works, it stars the luminous Grace Kelly as Margot, a neglected wife who has an affair with a crime fiction writer. When her husband Tony discovers the secret, he devises a plan to murder her. The film, based on a Broadway play, is designed and shot in 3D purposefully to look like the inside of a theatrical performance, replete with an intermission. Ironically, by 1954 the 3D fad began to die down, and the film has since mostly been shown in 2D only – until this 3D restored version.
1954 National Board of Review, USA, Best Actress & Best Supporting Actor
Please bring along your own 3D glasses or buy a new pair at the cinema
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Post-screening talk
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app. On-the-day tickets are also available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the venue. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available once the screening begins.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.