Face to Face
Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1976, 176minmins, DCP
Cast: Liv Ullmann, Erland Josephson, Aino Taube
She is an accomplished psychiatrist, yet she is sick, and the sickness is unto death. During an ordinary day in an empty house, she is panic-stricken to see a perfect stranger in herself. As fantasies and hallucinations secretly creep in, this strong woman begins to disintegrate, and attempts to end her own life. Liv Ullmann, in one of her greatest performances, transcends an intellectual character whose breakdown brings her face to face with her inner anguish, before she finds the strength for self-reconciliation. This complete version is shown for the first time in Hong Kong.
1977 Academy Awards, nominations for Best Director and Best Actress
1977 Golden Globe Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
Buy Ticket 2018-07-02 (Mon)
Buy Ticket 2018-07-21 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.