Dir: Heiward Mak
2019, 2019, 118mins, DCP
Cast: Sammi Cheng, Megan Lai, Li Xiaofeng, Richie Jen
Hong Kong film wunderkind Heiward Mak returns with her latest feature since 2014’s Uncertain Relationship Society . Produced by Ann Hui, and based on the work of popular novelist Amy Cheung, this intimate family saga tracks three sisters drawn together from across China. When patriarch Ha Leung suddenly passes away, he leaves estranged daughter Acacia (Sammi Cheng) with his Hong Kong hotpot restaurant – and the revelation that he sired two more daughters in Taiwan and the Mainland. Meeting for the very first time, the sisters find renewed hope in their newly-discovered family and work to restore their father’s restaurant to its former glory.
19/8/2019 (MON) : Film talk with director Heiward Mak
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.