Flesh + Blood
Dir: Paul Verhoeven
The Netherlands/USA/Spain, 1985, 126minmins
Cast: Rutger Hauer, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tom Burlinson
Verhoeven tackles the Middle Ages – not as a time of fantasy and magic but as a war-torn canvas of betrayal and plague. Intertwined are the stories of two mercenaries – Martin and Hawkwood – picking at the wealth and corpses of Italy and of Agnes, betrothed to one man but raped by another as she struggles to survive the shifting fortunes of war, life and death itself. While an international cast and funding created difficulties, this brutal and rarely-seen work has become a cult favorite. The fearless Jennifer Jason Leigh is mesmerizing here in one of her first screen roles, which prefigures the strong female protagonist of Elle.
1985 Netherlands Film Festival, Best Film and Best Director
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.