For Ever Mozart
Dir: Jean-Luc Godard
France, 1996, 86 minmins
Cast: Madeleine Assas, Bérangère Allaux, Ghalia Lacroix
Godard addresses the war in Sarajevo and Europe’s responsibility by questioning the capacity for art to intervene. Preparing for a movie that addresses history’s tragic repetitions, the aged filmmaker Vicky Vitalis accompanies his young daughter and nephew on their idealistic quest to mount a play by Alfred de Musset in war-torn Sarajevo. On their way, however, the youngsters are abandoned by Vitalis to face a tragic outcome. Guilt-ridden, Vitalis attempts to recreate the tragedy on film, only to be faced with its box-office failure. Meanwhile, Mozart’s music lives on at a youth concert nearby.
Venice Film Festival: Filmcritica Award
20/11 (FRI): Lecture with Dr. Derek Lam, Lecturer of Comparative Literature at the University of Hong Kong. Approximately 1 hour, conducted in Cantonese. Audience who attends the course is eligible for a complimentary copy of Godard, Film, History (Chinese version only)
Package Discount : 25% discount to each purchase of 2 or above standard tickets to the film course. 30% discount to each purchase of standard tickets to ALL six film course sessions.
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.