Dir: The Safdie Brothers
USA, 2017, 100 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Barkhad Abdi
Storming into the screen as a frenzied human cyclone of bad hair, Robert Pattinson stars as a tough, reckless guy going on a nocturnal odyssey to break his mentally handicapped brother out of jail after a failed bank robbery. Drawing inspiration from the hard-headed crime dramas as Dog Day Afternoon and After Hours, the Safdie Brothers add their distinctive street edge in this rambunctious, battering pulp thriller, merged with messy humanity and brotherly affection. Giving his most commanding performance, Pattinson provides the propulsive energy that makes his wild character sympathetic and repulsive in equal measure.
2017 Cannes Film Festival, In Competition
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 2017-08-20 (Sun)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 2017-08-27 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.