Identification of a Woman
Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1982, 130 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Tomás Milián, Daniela Silverio, Christine Boisson
Antonioni’s final quest or his eternal question? Here, director Niccolò (Tomás Milián) believes he needs a woman to provide meaning to his life and work. He first meets the mysterious Mavi, quite by chance, but finds his search for a relationship clouded by enigmatic jealousies, half-seen surveillance and the chill of her aristocratic milieu and family. And then there is the warm and beautiful Ida, who seems to offer every escape and even helps him understand Mavi. Yet she, too, carries a secret that changes their future.
1982 Cannes Film Festival, 35th Anniversary Prize
Identification of a Woman, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
21/1/2018 (Sun): Post-screening talk with Lau Yam
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. Screenings at M+ Cinema: Tickets are available at URBTIX only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX website, mobile app and outlets only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available from 30 minutes after the screening begins.
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.