Identification of a Woman
Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1982, 130 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Tomás Milián, Daniela Silverio, Christine Boisson
Antonioni’s final quest or his eternal question? Here, director Niccolò (Tomás Milián) believes he needs a woman to provide meaning to his life and work. He first meets the mysterious Mavi, quite by chance, but finds his search for a relationship clouded by enigmatic jealousies, half-seen surveillance and the chill of her aristocratic milieu and family. And then there is the warm and beautiful Ida, who seems to offer every escape and even helps him understand Mavi. Yet she, too, carries a secret that changes their future.
1982 Cannes Film Festival, 35th Anniversary Prize
Identification of a Woman, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
21/1/2018 (Sun): Post-screening talk with Lau Yam
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.