Dir: Hong Sang-soo
South Korea, 2021, Korean, 66mins, DCP
Cast: Shin Seok-ho, Park Mi-so, Kim Young-ho, Kim Min-hee
Indie auteur Hong Sang-soo ruminates on parents’ effect on their children’s life choices with this guilefully featherweight drama. Through three distinctive sections built essentially on three hugs, viewers are introduced to Youngho and Juwon, a pair of young lovers whose relationship is diverted by personal ambitions. Though their respective parents try to push them along via introductions to other people, the two lovers insist on navigating their own way. Told with Hong’s typically minimalist style, the film will hit home for fans and those standing at the crossroads of life.
Berlin International Film Festival: Silver Bear for Best Screenplay
Full House 2021-08-21 (Sat)
Full House 2021-08-26 (Thu)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.