It’s a Flickering Life(Kinema no Kamisama)
Dir: Yamada Yoji
Japan, 2021, Japanese, 125mins, DCP
Cast: Sawada Kenji, Suda Masaki, Nagano Mei, Miyamoto Nobuko
Commemorating the centennial of Shochiku Cinema, the revered Yamada Yoji returns to the screen with his distinctive brand of affectionate family drama permeated with romance, nostalgia, and comical invention. Succeeding his acclaimed perennial loser character of Tora-san, a deadbeat father in gambling debt, almost deserted by his wife and daughter, is left with only one place to go: a neighbourhood cinema, where he conjures up memories of his youthful dream of becoming a filmmaker. Reviving Shochiku’s humanist “Ofuna-style”, the prolific director takes us on an evocative journey into the Golden Age of Japanese cinema, witnessing the “god of cinema” transcending time to create a miracle in the family we adore, and in the films we love.
Full House 2021-08-30 (Mon)
Full House 2021-08-30 (Mon)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. Screenings at M+ Cinema: Tickets are available at URBTIX only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX website, mobile app and outlets only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available from 30 minutes after the screening begins.
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.