Dir: Ken Loach
UK, 1994, 101 minsmins, 35mm
Cast: Crissy Rock, Vladimir Vega, Ray Winstone
Based on a true story, the film dramatizes events that would seem incredible in fiction. Maggie, decreed an unfit mom by the state, has already been torn from her four kids when she settles down with Jorge, a political refugee from Paraguay. But secure parenthood continues to elude her. Descend welfare workers, waving court orders like machetes. Fearless attack on apparatchiks or morbid victimization of Maggie, the film is quintessential Loach. The rough, improvisatory dynamism is arresting, and he draws so strong a performance from Crissy Rock that it wins her the Berlinale Silver Bear.
1994 Berlin International Film Festival, Silver Bear for Best Actress and Prize of the Ecumenical Jury
Ladybird Ladybird, From Loach on Loach by Ken Loach and edited by Graham Fuller (London:Faber and Faber, 1998)
Buy Tickets 2017-09-30 (Sat)
Buy Tickets 2017-10-06 (Fri)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.