Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1960, 143 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Gabriele Ferzetti, Monica Vitti, Lea Massari
In this prizewinning initial film of his great trilogy, Antonioni guides us into his landscapes of loss and crisis. The film revolves around the absence of Anna (Lea Massari), whom we first meet as the lover of Sandro (Gabriele Ferzetti) and the friend of Claudia (Monica Vitti, who became a global star in this role). After Anna disappears on an isolated island, Sandro and Claudia seek her across Italy and Switzerland, following partial clues and fragmentary connections while fighting against a growing attraction that may bind them or destroy them.
1960 Cannes Film Festival, Jury Prize
L’avventura, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Full House
1. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas : tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
2. Screenings at HK Arts Centre and M+ Cinema : tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets are available at URBTIX website and mobile app. On-the-day tickets will also be available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the respective venue, subject to availability.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
4. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.