Mifune: The Last Samurai
Dir: Steven Okazaki
Japan, 2015, 80minmins, DCP
“A lot of people have tried to imitate Mifune, but nobody can,” Steven Spielberg said. Mifune Toshiro, the legendary Japanese star renowned for his iconic samurai roles, has cast a huge influence on film history. Oscar winner Steven Okazaki offers a thoughtful examination of his life, with rare archival footage and through his fascinating collaborations with virtuoso director Kurosawa Akira. Co-star actresses Tsukasa Yoko and Kagawa Kyoko offer vivid memories of working with the gifted actor. Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese pay their tribute, with Keanu Reeves as the narrator.
Post-screening seminar with Cheng Chuen-wai and Li Cheuk-to
Free Admission 2017-07-08 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.