Dir: Robert Bresson
France/Switzerland, 1983, 87minmins, DCP
Cast: Christian Patey, Béatrice Tabourin, Didier Baussy, Vincent Risterucci
Bresson’s characteristic austerity is distilled into its purest form in his final masterpiece, Money. It’s a film that France loves to hate, where a mature Bresson took on avarice and capital, head to head. As forged notes circulate painfully across players and families, the consequences mount, finally bringing the gas man, Yvon, to the brink of destruction. Yet, is it possible that he, too, will find redemption within destruction, including his own murderous impulses? This powerful encounter of Bresson and Tolstoy won him the Best Director accolades at Cannes.
1983 Cannes Film Festival, Best Director
Filmmakers on Bresson_Atom Egoyan, From Robert Bresson by James Quandt (Toronto: Cinematheque Ontario, 1998)
Filmmakers on Bresson_Olivier Assayas, From Robert Bresson by James Quandt (Toronto: Cinematheque Ontario, 1998)
Buy Ticket 2017-07-16 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.