My Best Fiend
Dir: Werner Herzog
Germany/UK/USA, 1999, 95 minsmins, DCP
Whom Klaus Kinski describes as a “nasty, sadistic, treacherous, cowardly creep”, Herzog returns the favor with this captivating documentary, an account of their unending love-hate relationship and turbulent collaboration which produces five classics. Revisiting the original shooting locations in the Amazon jungle, Herzog recalls the ferocious Kinski temperament in attacking extras, and his threat to shoot the actor with eight bullets and use the ninth on himself. Yet, the raving madman is seen as a shy and gentle man by his co-star actresses. Strange as it seems, the butterfly on his finger clearly knows the softness of the genius mind.
21/1/2018 (SUN): Post-screening seminar with Long Tin and Li Cheuk-to
Buy Tickets 2018-01-21 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- Post-screening talk
1. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas : tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
2. Screenings at HK Arts Centre and M+ Cinema : tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets are available at URBTIX website and mobile app. On-the-day tickets will also be available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the respective venue, subject to availability.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
4. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.