My Fair Lady
Dir: George Cukor
USA, 1964, 173minmins, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Gladys Cooper
Out of the wit of Bernard Shaw’s old play, this timeless, captivating musical without a kiss is Hollywood at its best. A celebration of intelligence more than romance, Audrey Hepburn’s transformation from cockney guttersnipe goes beyond an elegant lady in high society at the hands of snobbish phonetics professor (Rex Harrison) to a selfconfident woman set free to realize her potential. On the rails of sharp dialogue and intricacies of lyric, this winner of eight Oscars is so powerful and enthralling that every age has embraced it.
1965 8 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director & Best Actor
1966 BAFTA Awards, Best Film
2006 #8 in AFI’s 25 Greatest Movie Musicals of All Time
Full House 2018-08-18 (Sat)
Full House 2018-08-26 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.