My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend (a.k.a. Boyfriends and Girlfriends)
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1987, 102 minmins, DCP
Cast: Emmanuelle Chaulet, Sophie Renoir, Eric Viellard, François-Eric Gendron
“The friends of my friends are my friends.” So the proverb goes, yet the shy Blanche hesitates about her growing affection for her friend’s lover, while the self-assured Léa is blithe when she finds herself enamored with the handsome engineer, whom she initially wants to make a match for Blanche. Rohmer’s mastery of mood is impressive – swaying hearts under summer breeze, unspoken feelings lost in party fever – all delicately captured under his sympathetic observation of human foibles. A charming finale to the “Comedies and Proverbs” series, funny, insightful, and vive l’amour!
Eric Rohmer’s Comedies and Proverbs
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.