My Sunny Maad
Dir: Michaela Pavlátová
Czech Republic／France, 2021, Czech／Persian, 81mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Zuzana Stivínova, Haji Gul Asir, Shahid Maqsoodi
Marrying her beloved Nazir means not only changing her name from Helena to Herra, but also giving up much of her freedom for living with his family in Kabul, and facing extreme misogyny in post-Taliban Afghanistan. Struggling with fertility, the Czech woman ends up adopting an outcast yet affectionate boy who brings fundamental change to her life. A sensitively realised story embracing differing perspectives and personalities with empathetic strokes, this animated feature debut directed by Berlinale award-winning animator Michaela Pavlátová clings on to love and hope, in the realm of everyday violence.
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.