North by Northwest
Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
USA, 1959, 136minmins, DCP
Cast: Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason
The primal power of the chase embodied, for once, by a Hitchcock hero who actually knows too little. Cary Grant, of course, is as suave as ever and Eva Marie Saint proves as crystalline and complicated as any Hitchcock blonde. Nonetheless, in this tightly-plotted film, it is the scenery that inevitably steals the show in a voyage of fear across iconic American landscapes. The famous crop duster sequence is so beautifully shot and intricately edited that it has become one of the most iconic sequences in cinema. A film that changed our views of the face of America – quite literally.
1959 National Board of Review, USA, Top Ten Films
Alfred Hitchcock – The American Years : The Wrong Man
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.