Dir: Kon Satoshi
Japan, 2006, Japanese, 90mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Hayashibara Megumi, Emori Toru, Hori Katsunosuke
In his final experimental fantasy, Kon Satoshi explores the collision between dreams and reality in a mind-twisting, eye-tickling spectacle that has inspired Inception . Taking delirious trips through the psyche, the gripping thriller evolves as the psychiatrist heroine transforms herself into Paprika to delve into dreams and save the world from a disaster of night terrors turned real. In the dreamscapes fluidly rendered with dementedly arresting visuals, the anime master invests the imaginative world with a fascinating tension, engaging us with poignant philosophical riddles about the dilemma between our real and perceived selves.
Venice International Film Festival: In Competition
Tokyo International Film Festival
Full House 2021-08-20 (Fri)
Full House 2021-08-29 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.