Paranoia Agent: Part Two(Moso Dairinin)
Dir: Kon Satoshi
Japan, 2004, Japanese, 147mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Noto Mamiko, Sakaguchi Daisuke, Iizuka Shozo, Momoi Haruko
Rounding up unused ideas from his three feature films, Kon Satoshi’s first and only animated series is another ambitious and audacious deep dive into the darkest corners of the human psyche. A community is rocked by brazenly violent attacks by a mysterious teen nicknamed “Lil’ Slugger”, whose assaults create a ripple effect that exposes the anxieties of the victims and the detectives assigned to the case. Each episode examines the lives of those directly and indirectly affected as the shocking truth behind the identity of “Lil’ Slugger” is gradually revealed.
22/8 (Sun): Seminar with Lo Che-ying and Alvin Tse. Conducted in Cantonese. Free admission.
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. Screenings at M+ Cinema: Tickets are available at URBTIX only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX website, mobile app and outlets only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available from 30 minutes after the screening begins.
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.