Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1978, 139 minmins, DCP
Cast: Fabrice Luchini, André Dussollier, Arielle Dombasle, Marc Eyraud
Offering a gorgeously evocative adaptation of Chrétien de Troyes’s 12th-century Arthurian poem, Rohmer creates a cinematic experiment and a personal adventure for the naïve, young Welsh knight Perceval, who goes through courtship, faith and chivalry in his discovery of spirituality and redemption. In a magnificent combination of medieval music, iconography and theatre, the French master transforms the mime and verse into stylised imagery of a stunningly coherent spectacle. A classical dramatisation mirroring his contemporary comedies, the odyssey is but a delightful variation of the Rohmerian youthful rite of passage.
French Syndicate of Cinema Critics: Best Film
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.