Dir: Kon Satoshi
Japan, 1997, Japanese, 81mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Iwao Junko, Matsumoto Rica, Tsuji Shinpachi
Leaving her idol group to pursue an acting career, Mima’s transformation of her virginal girl-next-door persona into a mature woman not only draws ire from fans, but also conjures up selfdoubt and reproach. When threats of violence mount as her working partners fall prey to murder, Mima’s grip on reality begins to collapse. A cautionary tale about the commodification of pop idols, Kon’s directorial debut – loosely based on the novel by Takeuchi Yoshikazu – is a disturbing Hitchcockian psychological thriller that delves into the psyche of being in the ever-judging eyes of the public.
Berlin International Film Festival: Fantasia International Film Festival: Best Asian Film
Full House 2021-08-18 (Wed)
Full House 2021-08-24 (Tue)
Full House 2021-08-30 (Mon)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.