Pope Francis – A Man of His Word
Dir: Wim Wenders
Germany/Vatican City, 2018, 98minmins, DCP
An unexpected turn from the versatile German filmmaker – who knew Wim Wenders had been raised Catholic? Provided rare access to the pope, Wenders follows and listens rather than interrogating his subject. Hence the subtle force of the film lies in the very nearness of a leader who feels the church has become a “field hospital after a battle.” Facing global challenges of doctrinal change, social inequality and environmental issues, Pope Francis offers answers both smaller and larger, framed by his individual interactions and words among the poor, the children, and the condemned.
2018 Cannes Film Festival
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 2018-08-22 (Wed)
Full House 2018-08-26 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.