Samurai I:Musashi Miyamoto
Dir: Inagaki Hiroshi
Japan, 1954, 93minmins, 35mm
Cast: Mifune Toshiro, Mikuni Rentaro,Okada Mariko
The first of Inagaki Hiroshi’s Samurai Trilogy chronicles the life journey of Takezo in becoming the greatest samurai of Japan. A young, raw warrior with a ferocious animal vitality escapes into the mountain after his defeat, where he meets a wise Buddhist monk who helps him refine his instincts and become a true samurai. Mifune Toshiro, with his physical dynamics, imbues his Takezo with nuanced internal struggle of flailing violence and impotent fury, and vividly portrays a man who synchronizes himself with the nature and finds harmony with his inner self.
1955 Academy Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
Buy Ticket 2017-05-28 (Sun)
Buy Ticket 2017-07-16 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.