Scenes from a Marriage (4-6)
Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1973, 156minmins, DCP
Cast: Liv Ullmann, Erland Josephson, Bibi Andersson, Jan Malmsjö
“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” Leo Tolstoy’s apothegm was never more well evinced than in Bergman’s tense fugue about marriage. Liv Ullmann and Erland Josephson play a seemingly happy couple for 10 years. Their marital harmony however turns out to be a perfect disguise of hate, fight, betrayal and infidelity. Shot in intense close-ups, and featuring electrifying performances, Bergman explores the emotional tug-of-war that reveals the ultimate joys and pains of a complex relationship. And honestly, there’s no happy ending. The 5-hour TV full version will be screened.
1975 Golden Globe Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
1975 USA National Society of Film Critics Awards, Best Film, Best Screenplay, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress
14.7.2018 (SAT): Post-screening talk with Lau Yam
Buy Ticket 2018-06-17 (Sun)
Buy Ticket 2018-07-14 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.