Searching for Ingmar Bergman
Dir: Margarethe von Trotta
Germany/France, 2018, 99minmins, DCP
On the occasion of Bergman’s centenary, Margarethe von Trotta explores the film legacy of the genius director who inspired her to become a filmmaker. Drawing insights from Liv Ullmann, his sons, and a new generation of filmmakers including Olivier Assayas, Ruben Östlund and Carlos Saura, von Trotta gives an intimate portrait of the auteur. The documentary also features archival footage from Bergman’s body of work, the exploration of recurring themes in his films, journeys to the places of his inspiration, and his decadelong exile in Germany. An invaluable opportunity to see the many layers of Bergman’s work and life.
2018 Cannes Film Festival
Please collect tickets on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening, on a first-come, first-served basis. 1 ticket per person only.
‘Searching For Ingmar Bergman’: Cannes Review From Hunter, Allen (2018, May). ‘Searching For Ingmar Bergman’: Cannes Review. Screen Daily. Retrieved from https://www.screendaily.com/
Free Admission 2018-06-09 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.