Dir: Yoshida Kota
Japan, 2021, Japanese, 70mins, DCP
Cast: Hashimoto Manami, Sato Honami, Takeda Rina, Serizawa Tateto
Natto, Mapo Tofu and Ramen become aphrodisiac in a Japanese triptych, disrupting the apparent tranquil lives of married couples. In the revelation of the intricate erotica of food, characters fall into dramatic emotional crises: a designer’s sexless life confronted with lurid details of his wife’s sexual appetite; a woman’s sadomasochistic nature stirred up in cooking; and a lonely mistress’ fiery desire aroused in a noir-esque noodle bar – all evoked by a mystic, devilish man carrying a box of Chinese chestnuts, who gradually reveals their sexual cravings and unfulfilled fantasy.
International Film Festival Rotterdam
Golden Horse Fantastic Film Festival
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.