Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1968, 103minmins, DCP
Cast: Liv Ullmann, Max von Sydow, Gunnar Bjornstrand, Birgitta Valberg
Stepping out of the struggle with inner demons, Bergman challenges the war-torn world outside. Fleeing from battles, a musician couple (Max von Sydow and Liv Ullmann) cling to pastoral refuge on a remote island. Yet conflicts have silently made way into their lives, forcing them into ethical dilemmas and a horrifying world of betrayal and despair. Bergman’s striking yet subtly orchestrated compositions and manipulation of tempo capture a realistic, desolate portrait of the tormenting world. In the end, the shameful souls are stuck in their escape. Nothing left. Not even memory.
1969 USA National Society of Film Critics Awards, Best Film and Best Actress
Buy Ticket 2018-06-16 (Sat)
Buy Ticket 2018-07-29 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.