Spring in a Small Town
Dir: Fei Mu
1948, 1948, 98minmins, DCP
Cast: Wei Wei, Li Wei, Shi Yu, Zhang Hongmei
“Wei Wei, the protagonist, subtly and boldly gives articulation to her inner world with her biting murmurs of monologue and richly-layered dialogue… The ruins of their home had long buried and subdued her passion, which finally finds a way to break the spell, skipping and hopping in an outburst of new life with every whisper of ‘hmm’ and ‘haa’, and her inexplicable glances… Fei Mu knew too well where this historical transition was carrying them, and yet he was absolutely sure of where his heart truly belonged.” – Poet Director Fei Mu
4.1.2019 (FRI): Introduction by Louie Kin-sheun
Buy Tickets 2019-01-04 (Fri)
Buy Tickets 2019-02-08 (Fri)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.