Dir: Mamoru Hosoda
Japan, 2009, 115minmins, DCP
Cast: Voice Kamiki Ryunosuke, Sakuraba Nanami, Tanimura Mitsuki, Fuji Sumiko
Voice Cast: Kamiki Ryunosuke, Sakuraba Nanami, Tanimura Mitsuki, Fuji Sumiko
Getting a “summer job” from his secret crush Natsuki to come to her family’s ancestral home, math genius Kenji unexpectedly becomes a prime suspect in a criminal hack that turns the digital network “Oz” and the real world into chaos. To save the world from destruction, Kenji must join hands with Natsuki’s family to launch a war against a rogue AI. More than extravagant animation of the virtual reality that is over-the-top eccentric and whimsical, emotional nuances of family ties are the true magic spells of Hosoda’s first original anime.
2009 Locarno International Film Festival, In Competition
2010 Japan Academy Film Prize, Best Animation Film
Full House 2018-08-15 (Wed)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.