Dir: Billy Wilder
USA, 1960, 125minmins, DCP
Cast: Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine, Fred MacMurray
To climb the corporate ladder, Bud Baxter has been lending his apartment out to company executives for their extramarital affairs, but things change when he falls for one of his executives’ girls. Eager to reunite with Jack Lemmon right after Some Like It Hot, Wilder and co-writer I.A.L. Diamond created this smart and tender romantic comedy about sexual politics in the corporate world. Controversial for its depictions of adultery at the time, this five Oscars winner reaffirms Wilder’s mastery in striking the perfect balance between farce and sadness.
Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Art Direction and Best Editing
Venice Film Festival: Best Actress
Buy Ticket 2021-06-12 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Post-screening talk
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app. On-the-day tickets are also available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the venue. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available once the screening begins.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.