The Asthenic Syndrome
Dir: Kira Muratova
Soviet Union, 1969, 153minmins, DCP
Cast: Olga Antonova, Sergei Popov, Galina Zakhurdayeva
Another film censored for telling the truth in a time of crisis surrounding the collapse of the Soviet Union. Muratova’s construction at first hides its truths in the very complexity of dual stories and dual filming (black and white as well as color) from whose very pieces we must build the mosaic. And yet the themes of repression and violence cry out to us from a world where it is hard to distinguish the crazy from the sane.
Berlin International Film Festival: Special Jury Prize
Buy Tickets 2019-04-22 (Mon)
Buy Tickets 2019-05-01 (Wed)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.