The Flower of My Secret
Dir: Pedro Almodóvar
Spain/France, 1995, 105 minmins, DCP
Cast: Marisa Paredes, Juan Echanove, Carme Elias
Abandoning his trademark of high voltage sex, Almodóvar opts for a dramatic account of a successful authoress coming to terms with desertion and solitude. A writer of best-selling romantic novels under a pseudonym, Leo clings desperately to a dissolving marriage, only to find herself the victim of betrayal by her best friend. In a lush mix of tragedy, comedy and cruel paradox, it’s a story of great emotional intensity – and perhaps the director’s self-conscious meditation – charting the heroine’s journey from loss and torment to rediscovered strength and hope.
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival: Best Actress
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 2019-08-17 (Sat)
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 2019-08-26 (Mon)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.